Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Zen Institute instead of another Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
* Zen Institute is where East meets West. The founder of Zen Institute, Wen Chi Chien created an effective 30 day curriculum based on her years of study of Taoism and the western education she received in US, as well as her own life experience of healing herself.
* Zen Institute IOP consists of 4 unique components which no other IOP currently offers: EMDR, DBT, CBT and Inner Twin Therapy which treats your core issues, and helps you build a strong foundation for your recovery.
* Unlike traditional IOP where the work is done mainly in a group setting, the IOP at Zen Institute is 50% group sessions and 50% individual sessions. You will learn specific tools in the group sessions, and process your core issues in the individual sessions.
* At Zen Institute, the IOP treatment is spiritual based, and it is designed to treat the root of your problems. Completing our program can help you experience improvement in all aspects of your life!
Do I need this level of intensive therapy?
Our IOP treatment can help you if
* You are dealing with acute issues that require more intensive therapy,
* Traditional talk therapy is not suitable for you,
* You experience frequent relapses,
* The unresolved issues need to be addressed in EMDR,
* You lack of connection with the powerful part of you, your Inner Twin,
* You need tools to cope with stress.
I don't believe in God, and I have a hard time adapting to a 12-step program. How am I going to be connected to my "Higher Power"?
Wen Chi created "Inner Twin Therapy" specifically for people who don't believe in Higher Power, yet still want to be able to experience the loving connection with their "Authentic Self". You have a Twin who lives inside of you, who understands and loves you unconditionally, who speaks the truth whether you'd like to hear it or not. Wen Chi named that unique part of you the "Inner Twin". Inner Twin represents your "Authentic Self", "Higher Self", and "Higher Power", also known as your "Conscience".
Wen Chi will help you connect with your Inner Twin, once connected, you will be able to build a loving relationship with yourself, and live a life that is honoring who you are, creating a life full of love, peace and joy no matter what is happening around you!
Realistically speaking, there is not a lot of time in 12 sessions, it's hard for me to comprehend how much work I can accomplish?
IOP treatment at the Zen Institute is incredibly effective because:
* The foundation of your recovery is based on your connection with the powerful part of you: your Inner Twin. Once you are connected to your Inner Twin, it is like "your power cord is plugged in". The combination of four treatment modalities has been proven as a highly effective treatment based on successful stories reported by our clients. For more information please see our “Testimonial” page.
* You will learn about Taoism, and understand how things work in this Universe! You will experience increased inner peace, therefore increasing your ability to let go. "Tao does nothing, but leaves nothing undone"!
* During our therapy work, you will be assigned books to read to increase your insight regarding your core issues which usually speeds up your progress!
* You will be introduced to a healthy lifestyle and a daily routine that consists of meditation, a balanced diet, regular exercise, fun-time and recovery work. At the end of 12-session treatment, you will have a taste of how it feels to be healthy: physically, emotionally and spiritually.
What if 30 days have passed and my condition has not improved?
Some of our clients had a lot of anxiety about the outcome of this treatment, especially in the first week of treatment. Even though there is no guarantee for the outcome of any treatment, based on our years of experience providing intensive therapy our confidence in your success is very high. When you are ready to do the work, you have an open mind to see what's on your plate, and you are determined to do whatever it takes to heal yourself, the outcome is almost always positive!
Do you accept insurance?
At our Tucson location we accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance and most other insurances that have out of network benefits. We do not currently accept insurance at our Scottsdale location. Please contact us for more information.
What is the history of Zen Institute?
Wen Chi created Zen Institute to enable her to fulfill her vision of serving the world. She has been providing this exact Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in her private practice since 2007 with incredible results and a very high success rate. The demand was great and people would fly in from out of state to participate in her unique IOP treatment. Most of the time she had to maintain a waiting list and she received calls from across the country asking if her program was available in other states. Due to the overwhelming demand for the program she decided to expand her private practice into a treatment center so she could treat more people.
The program was designed to serve a diverse population. Clients who have gone through the program include psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, attorneys, registered nurses, school principals, mental health counselors, bankers, business owners, college students, and so many more.